One of the most common questions people have when preparing a home is how much cash do you need?
A down payment is obvious but what about the other costs that may surprise you?
Here are some of the expenses I inform my clients about before they start the buying process to ensure they’re ready.
Did any of these surprise you?
The great news is some sellers are offering concessions to buyers, such as covering part of the closing costs or including assets with the property that can save you money.
Everything is negotiable!
Understanding the true cost of purchasing and maintaining a home is critical to setting up my clients for success in their journey to homeownership.
These steps can keep you from joining the 27.4% of American homeowners are considered “house poor”:
- Budget wisely before buying a home.
- Consider all the associated costs of owning a home, such as property taxes, maintenance, and repairs.
- Save up for a down payment to reduce monthly mortgage payments.
- Look for homes that are within your budget and avoid overspending.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage to know exactly how much you can afford.
- Explore different mortgage options to find the best fit for your financial situation.
Have questions about navigating the current real estate market?
Contact me any time.